Sunday, January 31, 2010

Trying to get back to our regularly scheduled programming...

I know that I got a little distracted from the cards and such, what with my house seeming to fall apart around me, on top of all the other things I'm trying to deal with, but last night I forced myself to sit down and make a few cards just to try to make myself feel better.

It did help a bit, and there is a part of me that wishes I could just shut out the rest of the world and just make cards and sleep for a few days...at least until I feel a little better, but unforetunately the rest of the world doesn't want to stop and wait for me to feel better.

I'm not sure if I can put my finger on just one thing, but I am still feeling very overwhelmed with my life right now, and I guess I just have to keep putting one foot in front of the other and have faith that eventually I will make it through this and come out stronger on the other end, although I must admit that I am not feeling overly confident about that right now. Just feeling like my shoulders aren't quite big enough for all that life has piled on them right now and yet I have no choice but to try to keep going.

I am however grateful that I do have a hobby that does give me some pleasure and eternally grateful for my wonderful family and friends. I don't know where I would be without them.

Here's a few cards that I managed to churn out last night when I wasn't able to sleep.

Gotta love cute little butterflies and paper that you can find at the dollar store!
These are all little gift tags made with scrap paper and flowers made outta glimmer mist, and an old japanese book I got for $0.10 at the second hand store. The bling centres are from the dollar store too.
Another card made with supplies from the dollar store...
These bday cards were both made using paper that I got a great price on at Walmart and the fan flowers are really easy to make, I just don't remember where I found the instructions for them, so if anyone knows how to make them, please leave a comment with the link, so I can give proper credit.
And these cards are always favorites. I just can't seem to keep them in stock. I get the paper and the little tools at the dollar store and they are great for men or boys and are super quick and easy to make.
So that's all for now, but I'm hoping to get some more cards done tonight, cause it really is something that I can do that makes me feel better...who knew some paper, scissors and glue...temporary cure for depression!




No comments: