Thursday, February 04, 2010

Made some cards...

Sorry I've been absent for a couple days, but I didn't do anything, so I had nothing to blog about, so you didn't miss anything.

Yesterday was a bit of a better day and today seems a bit better too, so here's hoping that I'm back on an upswing. I did manage to get a good sleep last night so I'm sure that has helped, and I've been trying to get as much sunlight as possible...both real and artificial, which I know is helping too.

Here are a few cards I made over the last couple days, just didn't manage to get pics taken until today. I'm hoping to get some more made later today, along with some new things since I'm buying a scor-pal and should have all sorts of new ideas to try out over the next little while.

Anyhoo, here's the latest cards in my collection...


This one was fun to make...would you believe that this blue & green flower is made out of a paper towel? I used the blossom nestabilities to cut the paper towel then spritzed them with glimmer mists, let them dry, and voila! Cheap and glitzy flower and it matches my dollar store paper perfectly!!

And of course some more gift tags. I'm just lovin these little flowers...they are perfect for something to make when you want to make something but just don't have the brain power to think of something creative. Plus I love playing with the glimmer mists...I've even started experimenting with making my own...super easy to make if you have some pearl-ex or perfect pearls. The flower on the bottom 3rd from the left was sprayed with copper mist that I made myself. I used 1/3 hairspray, 1/3 water, and some copper pearl-ex...shake well. I just mixed it up in a travel sized hairspray bottle. You have to use the hairspray when using pearl-ex because it doesn't contain a binder and will just rub off otherwise, but if you are using perfect pearls you can just mix with water since it already contains a binder (according to the research I did).







No comments: