Sunday, January 24, 2010

Snow, snow, snow

that's what I woke up to today. Everything covered in the white stuff again. I was sure glad that I didn't have to go anywhere today, so Mercedes and I just huddled up in the house and had a busy day of movies, and playing, and eating and scrapping and crafting and all sorts of fun things. The crazy girl didn't even fall asleep until almost 1am!! I don't know where she gets her energy from, but I sure wish I had some of it! ;)

Just did some fun stuff today, starting with some bookmarks. Mercedes had fun finding lots of Dr. Suess quotes that will work for all sorts of different things we will be working on in the future, plus they looked good on these bookmarks too.



These are just a couple gift tags that I made using some scrap patterned paper and a couple more of those dictionary flowers. I made these ones using a smaller scalloped circle to begin with, and the green flower actually has 2 different size of circles used. They look really cute in real life.



This was just a birthday card I made for a boy since I realized that I did not have one boy card in my stash, and I had these cute foam stickers that I got at the dollar store, and the colors went perfectly with the Basic Grey Lime Rickey line. I really like how this card turned out. I definately think I'll be making a couple more cards outta those stickers before they run out.



And all the while I was entertaining Mercedes since she was in a mood of wanting 100% attention at all time. No matter what I was doing or where I was doing it she wanted to be involved or at least in the same room, so we did have a nice close Mommy-Mercedes time, it meant there wasn't much just Mommy time. But I'll have all the Mommy time I'll need when she's all grown up and I'm thinking back and wishing for all these times again. :)

1 comment:

Hopes Handcrafts said...

So true about taking the time to appreciate our kids while we can...all to soon they grow up!

How funny to have ALL those cards and not ONE boy card!