Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I said I'd have pics, so here they are...

This is my beloved couch, my most favorite spot in my whole house, and the place where I have been glued too as much as possible over the last day or two. The quilt is one that my mom made for my brother out of old denim and I just love it cause even though it's been washed it still smells like my bro and I just love to snuggle up in it. And the big painting on the wall was my brothers also, so that has lots of meaning for me as well. So this is where I lay...

and this is what I see when I'm laying in my favorite spot...big screen tv, another large painting (this one is my sister's, she just doesn't have anywhere to hang it), and then the boring stuff like stereo, movies, speakers etc.

If I turn my head a little more to the right this is what I see...the doorway goes into my laundry room which then leads into my kitchen and then into the rest of the house. I do believe this room was an addition at some point. The blue shelves on the wall on the right have scrapbook stuff on it as does most other flat space on that side of the room.
This is really getting into the scrapping area. As you can see it is time for another major cleaning/organizing, but I'm kinda just waiting until I get the new computer hooked up, get some of Brad's stuff outta here, and get rid of the box of wedding invitations that are on top of the stack of file boxes. And just for the record, it may look messy to you, but for the most part, I can find *almost* anything I need too...*almost*.

This is the view if I lay on my stomach from my spot and look behind me. Basically everything back there is scrapbooking related in some way. The painting hanging on the back wall were painted by my grandfather and the other one by my mom, so I do come by my creativity honestly...well sorta...I can make ya a card or scrapbook page, but give me a paintbrush and I don't have a clue what to do with it! lol After being sick for 2 days and finally leaving the house today to grab a few necessities I decided that I deserved a treat for tomorrow morning so this is my treat for today. Mmmmmmm, almost makes me want to make a pot of coffee right now! Can't beat Southern Butter Pecan coffee stuff!



And this pic was just to cute to pass up. All morning long I could barely keep my eyes open but everytime I just started to doze off Mercedes would wake me up needing ginger ale, or a cool cloth, or a new movie, or something, so finally I just gave up on the idea of a nap and decided to go out and get a few groceries and when I got home this is what I saw...Little Miss Mercedes sound asleep (snoring and all), with all her stuffies on guard to protect her...and these are just the none Webkinz stuffies cause the Webkinz are all over at her cousins right now...I think if the Webkinz were here, we'd never even be able to find Mercedes in the picture! lol

Isn't is funny how amazingly cute they look when they are sleeping though? ;)


1 comment:

Hopes Handcrafts said...

ow nice to have a glimpse into your home and life, Tania! M looks so sweet sleeping!