Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Naughty, naughty blog writer...

Finally I managed to get a LO done and I've been making a ton of cards, so I figured the time had definately come for me to upload some of my latest stuff. I've been trying really hard to do at least something creative every day. Most days that's just making a few greeting cards or I've been doing lots of cute little 3" x 3" gift tags...such a great way to use scraps! Some days though, I just have fun playing with new techniques. I've been loving learning new background techniques using distress inks, and well I've been doing lots of playing with making my own embelliments using alcohol ink, stiff plastic, glossy accents, glitter, stamps or sharpies, templates and microbeads. If you look at the set of four cards you will notice that the embellishments from the bottom 2 cards are a glittery flower and a crown. Both were colored with alcohol ink, then cut into the shape needed. Add glossy accents to the plastic shape and cover with glitter, sand, microbeads, or anything else you want to use . Allow glue time to dry and then use glue dots or glossy accents to glue the accents to the card front.


My first LO in quite awhile....all pics from Mercedes birthday party.


Thinking of you cards
Any occasion

More than 8 cards with 2 pieces of patterned paper & 3 pieces of cardstock...all from the dollar store!


I'm hoping to get back on a roll with the layouts and other projects that I'd like to get done and as soon as that happens then I'll be blogging again more regularly. For now I hope you enjoy some of the cards I've been making. I think all of them have used a Sheetload pattern. Check them out at http://sheetload.blogspot.com/

No comments: