Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Dreary day #2...

Another day of rain & gray skies...Blah!!! I woke up feeling even more congested today, so it looks like I officially have a cold...I hate being sick...I really hate being sick with a sick 4 year old...but them's the joys of being a mom!

Broke down today and had to turn on my furnace....I had a three sweater rule...if I was wearing three sweaters & still cold, then I had to turn on the heat...and today I had too! I was trying so hard to make it through August though, but hopefully the weather will warm up again soon. Only too soon, winter will be here...Blah!!!

Didn't do much today, except watch Love Song for Bobby Long and Shrek 2 both of which I thought were very good! I can't believe I hadn't seen Shrek 2 yet, but I finally watched it today with Mercedes and had a few laughs...and I really enjoyed Bobby Long...started it last night and finished it this morning when Mercedes was over at Grandma's. I do miss watching movies with someone though...I mean other than Mercedes...I miss being able to talk to someone about the movie, right after it's over...maybe I need to look for a movie message board! lol I crack myself up sometimes!

Crack-in-the-box phoned tonight to talk to his daughter...he's still not working, and still thinks that there is a hope for us...NOT!!! The best thing I ever did for my health was leave him...I will NEVER live like that again! At least he didn't wait a month to call his daughter this time...and he did take the initiative himself, without me having to call him. Mercedes didn't even want to talk to him at first, but I bribed her with a candy...wonder if he appreciates how much I would have just rather said "she doesn't want to talk to you" and slammed the phone down? Probably not. But there are alot of things I'm sure he doesn't appreciate....things like bedtime struggles night after night when I'm already dead tired, or making what she wants for breakfast only for her to decide she wants something else, and then carrying her kicking and screaming to her room for a time out cause I refuse to be her short-order cook. What about the 20 minutes it takes to get out the door because she HAS to do everything herself, except she can't, so she gets frustrated and screams! Or the times she tells me she misses her daddy and doesn't love me anymore and wants to go be with him, and I just take her in my arms and hug her and tell her I know she misses her daddy, but I love her and she has to stay here with me, but hopefully he will come to visit her or call her soon. Or the times I've printed off pictures of him & put them in frames for her to have next to her bed, so she can look at them before she goes to sleep. What about the 3 am wake up calls for a glass of juice only to get up the next morning and find the full glass still sitting on her night table? Or the email that takes 2 hours to write, because I keep getting interrupted to put on a movie, play a game, get more juice or crackers, or supper, or let her play her computer game? What about budgetting my money to make sure there is enough to buy her favorite cereal and still have enough left over for a trip to the dollar store to buy her a treat? Or does he appreciate the 60 + bandaids I've put on this month, each accompanied by a hug, a kiss, and a snuggle...for each little boo-boo...even the ones invisible to the naked eye. I doubt he appreciates any of it...nor do I think he is even aware of it...but that's ok, cause I don't do it for him...I do it for her...because I don't know where I'd be without her, and I don't even want to try to imagine.

She is my princess, my daughter, my heart and my soul...and I love her with everything that I am...and for her, I would do anything!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chick the link works great, and you just put me in tears with that journal entry. I hear what you are saying and I envy the way you can put words to your emotions. I am SO proud to know you and to call you my "Friend". You are awesome! Love ya Tani!!!

Tania said...

Thanks hun, I feel the same about you! And it put me in tears to write it, but it's good for the soul to get it out!