Monday, August 22, 2005

All & All a pretty good day!

Woke up this morning feeling a little shitty...still tired & run down...bit of a headache & stomach ache. I must be fighting the cold/flu that everyone else has had over the last week or so. Anyways I needed smokes so Mercedes went over to my mom's & I ran to the grocery store, where of course, they did not have my brand of tobacco...so I just bought a pack & hopefully they'll have my brand tomorrow or Wednesday.

One of the reasons I haven't been around much the last couple days was because I lost my 'e' key...and what is the most used letter in the alphabet...you got it, the 'E'! So I decided I better go get a new keyboard. I had talked to my brother-in-law last night and he said the prices of the local computer store were quite competitive & I should go for the keyboard/optical mouse combo...so I did! It was kinda funny cause I walked into the store and 'the guy' was busy with someone else so I was just looking around, cause I also have a new cd burner & new scanner on my wishlists, so it's always good to check things out. Anyways 'the guy' finally comes over and asks if he can help me and I tell him I'm looking for a keyboard...so he's like, well I have this one, or this one or this one...I'm like ok...besides the price difference what's different about these? Like HELLO, sell it to me!!! lol Anyways I got a decent price and the guy was nice and I'm happy with my purchase, so all is well.

Then this afternoon, my mom, stepdad, sister & brother in law all went out to my Grandma's farm to pick up her piano for me. She had decided that she didn't need it anymore and when she offered it to me, I jumped at the chance! I haven't had my own piano for over 10 years now and I've been missing it soooo badly! It's a really nice piano, and once it's tuned it's gonna sound great! Plus I already have 2 students lined up for fall, so it will be nice to be able to practice myself again. I'm just so excited to have a piano again...and what a wonderful gift/heirloom...I have many memories of playing this piano for my grandma & grandpa when I was growing up & now I get to teach my own child how to play on it! There just aren't words enough for how much this means to me!

No scrappin today, but hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow and can get some things started...kinda waiting on the order I made last Friday cause I need some of the things I ordered to complete the LO's I have in mind. All and all though, today was a great day!

No comments: