Sunday, August 14, 2005

Again at 3am...

Here I sit, finally with a couple minutes to actually spend on my blog. I came by earlier, but discovered that for me to make any manual changes to my template, is NOT a five minute job...for me it's more like an hour job! Ugh!

Today has not been the best of days, but then again it could have been worse. Mercedes is sick with something and has been complaining of headache for the last 2 days and today she had a fever, so not much private Tania time today...lots of hugging, snuggling and trying to bribe her to take some Tylenol...apparently a spoonful of sugar DOES make the medicine go down...in the most delightful way! Sugar, honey, candy, pop...we tried it all over the last couple days! Mercedes apparently does not approve of the grape flavor of children's acetaminophen chewables...guess I'll have to get bubblegum next time. Anyways having a sick child when you yourself don't feel that great (it's so delightful to be a woman, some months!), and especially when only running on 4 hours sleep, well it just doesn't make for the most productive of days.

I did however get ALL the digital pictures on my computer organized...All of them, all 1376 of them! This is also NOT a five or ten minute job...suffice it to say that my butt fell asleep on more than one occasion! But now it's done...I still have some sub-topics of sub-topics to do, but as it stands I can push one button and see all my pictures of Mercedes, or my scrapbook pages, or cards...you get the idea!

I also was playing around with the slide show feature, and I started thinking what great Christmas gifts those would make for the people that don't get to see Mercedes that often...like her loser father...so I thought it would be nice of me to make him a disk full of pics of him & his daughter and lots of pics of just Mercedes....but I don't feel the need to be too nice, so I'm thinking I'll add some sappy song like "Daddy's Little Girl" or "Butterfly kisses" or something that will hopefully make him feel bad for not calling or visiting his daughter except for when his parents make him!!!!

K, I'm starting to taste a touch of bitterness here, so it must be time for me to hit the hay and quit thinking about Mr. Crack-in-the-box...Sorry so unexciting today & no new pics or projects, but hopefully I'll get something worked on tomorrow! See ya then...shall we say around 3am! lol

No comments: