Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Lots and lots of gift tags....

Sometimes after making lots of cards I'm left with a big pile of scraps. Pieces that are too big to throw away, but not quite big enough to really make more cards with, so that is when the time has come to go on a gift tag making spree! And that is what I did the last couple nights.

Besides I've been feeling a little down the last couple days so gift tags are the perfect project to work on...quick and easy with little brain power needed. Plus instant gratification of accomplishing something, since I certainly have not been accomplishing anything as far as my housework duties are concerned!

I'm not sure what has brought on these last couple days of the blues, but I have been really missing my brother...it kinda started on Sunday. Easter dinner just wasn't the same without him there, and it is April now which is his birthday month, so normally at this time of year he would be starting to tell us all what he wanted for his birthday and how we should all spend lots and lots of money on him because he is so awesome! He'd also be dropping absolutely not subtle hints that we should all take him to dinner at the Keg or at the very least cook him steak and lobster for dinner...and actually I probably would have this year cause he made me steak and crab legs for my birthday last year! It's hard to believe that it's only been four and a half months since he died, and yet in other ways it's seems like it's been forever since I last talked to him. I miss him so much.

And then it's been really windy down here these last few days and that always means a bad headache for me, so that hasn't improved my mood at all. But sometime today I am supposed to be getting some new stamps and paper that I ordered from Close to My Heart, so I'm hoping that will cheer me up and renew my spirit with some creative ideas! So keep checking in cause I will be doing some totally new card styles....I'm thinking of venturing into some new sizes, and shapes so keep your eyes peeled for those over the next few days!

So now for the gift tags I went crazy with over the last couple days. These are great for using up scraps. You just need a 2 7/8"x2 7/8" piece of cardstock then one piece of 1 1/4" x 2 3/4" patterned paper and a 2" x 2 1/4" piece of co-ordinating patterned paper. The white square is either 1 1/4" square or 1 1/2" square. And then this is just mounted on a 3"x3" card. Easy, peasy. Simple and great use for scraps. I also like to add a little embellishment in the top left corner just for a little something extra, and I use anything from a flower to a gem to a brad to a shell to whatever you have that would work.

So here's the pics....











1 comment:

Hopes Handcrafts said...

Great idea Tania...must remember to do that with my scraps. :-)