Sunday, April 04, 2010

Happy Easter

You would think that after making 100 boxes for my girlfriends wedding, and then 20 boxes for Mercedes' class I would be sick of making them, but I decided to make a few more for my mom & stepdad and then for my sister & her family. For these boxes I made the paper myself using glimmer mist since I was sick of plain white boxes! For the first 2 I used a Heidi Swapp mask and put it over the 2 sheets of paper and then sprayed the paper with pink, green and blue glimmer mist.

For all of these boxes I just picked 2 colors and either did stripes or dots to decorate the paper. I also added the little white paper topper with the deco edges just to jazz it up a bit, and instead of a scalloped circle this time, I used a deckled rectangle. Each box is filled with a bunch of different Easter chocolate candies. (My sister will be so thrilled that I got her kids all hopped up on sugar!) lol

This is just a simple no sentiment card with a cardstock heart on it. The patterned paper is all Martha Stewart stuff that I found in my scraps drawer.
This is one of my current favorite patterns....it was a mojo Monday sketch 126. If you're interested in actual sizes & pattern directions just post a comment and I will gladly post the measurements for any of the cards that I make.

This is a fairly quick and easy card. In fact the part that takes the longest is waiting for the glimmer mist on the flower to dry! Or actually just making the flower itself! lol
This is an old card pattern that I found as I was cleaning out a shelf in my old scrappy space. This year I'm in the process of slowly moving all my stuff from 2 rooms into one room...but the one room has to be emptied and cleaned out first, so it's all a very long and painful process. However when I can, I try to purge and re-organize and get like supplies together as much as possible. Anyways, as I was saying I found this box with card patterns that I used to use, before I started keeping them in binders and scribblers, so I decided to put all the patterns together and write all the patterns done in my scribbler. And I thought this was a great quick and easy card for those occasions when you need a card asap or when you want a card with clean lines.

This was another pattern I found in my box of patterns. This was fun too, cause I don't have any of this paper anymore so it was nice to get to work with it even if just for a few minutes!
Here is a 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" gate-fold card with matching envelope. These are so quick and easy to make if you have a scor-pal and they are a nice change from the regular 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" cards. I love the colors on this one too.
Just some quick little gift tags. These are so simple and quick to make, especially since you basically make 2 at once. You just need 2 pieces of patterned paper that go together, 2 squares of cardstock and 2 embellishments. Cut your pp 2 7/8"x 2 7/8"; Cut one of the pp squares in half diagonally. Ink all edges. Glue your backgrounds together (one diagonal on one whole square). Cut cardstock squares whatever size you need to "mat" your embellishment (usually 1 1/2"x 1 1/2" or 2 x 2 )

Another gift tag.

Now I'm off to Easter dinner at my sister's house. Have you ever noticed that food seems to taste better when you didn't have to cook it yourself? Well it does for me anyway (as long as the person who did cook it is a good cook, and my sister is!)
Not sure what we'll be doing later tonight....probably watching a movie since I have it on good authority that Mercedes got a couple movies from the Easter bunny (she hasn't been home to see her basket yet), and that means I'll be making more cards, cause I can't seem to just sit still and watch tv without doing something at the same time! lol
Hope you all have a great day and HAPPY EASTER!!









No comments: