Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Good morning...

Well it's not very often that I post in the morning, unless of course I haven't gone to bed yet, but today I was up early because Tuesday is Mercedes choir practice so she has to be at the school by 7:30am and usually I just come back home and go back to bed, but today I decided to just stay up and try to get some stuff done just for kicks! lol

Right now I'm sitting here, watching Les Miserables 10th Anniversary Concert at London's Royal Albert Hall with my stereo just cranked and I'm LOVIN' it! Definately one of my favorite musicals ever!! Of course I'm sure I will cry when the song "Bring Him Home" comes on, since that was sung at my brother's funeral, but it will be a good cry. Yesterday was the 4 month anniversary since he passed away. It's hard to believe it's been that long already, and yet in other ways it seems so much longer. Time can be so weird sometimes.

Otherwise things are going pretty good around here. Every day that goes by Mercedes and I get more and more used to our new family dynamic and our new routines of it just being her and I. We are starting our own schedules and traditions and it's all starting to become "normal". She is crying less and less about wanting things to go back to how they were and she has quit asking me to let her dad come back home. She seems to have accepted that the divorce is happening. And that makes it easier on me.

I must admit I have absolutely no regrets about filing for divorce. I know that this is the right thing to do. I am so much happier and really haven't missed him and am just enjoying moving on with my life. I definately don't miss all the trouble he constantly seemed to find himself in.

Anyhoo, I have been busy making cards and have come up with a couple new styles. The first one is based on a mojo Monday sketch from a couple weeks ago, and then for the next 5 I used a folded frame tutorial that I found on splitcoaststampers.

Mojo Monday sketch http://mojomonday.blogspot.com/2010/02/mojo-monday-126.html

Folded frame tutorial http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/foldedframe/














1 comment:

Hopes Handcrafts said...

Those cards are really neat, Tania...I'm glad you and Mercedes are finding your "normal" in life ((hugs))