Saturday, February 20, 2010

Mommy & Mercedes Friday night is...

Party Night!! Or so Mercedes tells me! ;)

Today was a fun and busy day, just me and Mercedes, hanging out around the house, then doing some errands, and finally ended off the day with a Friday evening party.

Mercedes idea of a party is when we have a special supper, a movie, some kind of snack, and she gets to stay up late.

Today's errands included getting groceries, mail, picking up prescriptions and then she got a couple things from the dollar store. After all that we went to the library and she got to pick out some movies for the weekend and some books to read. It's so cool to see her reading chapter books now and it's neat to see her reading books that I actually remembering reading when I was about her age!

The party officially started when we got Subway for supper, and then we were supposed to watch the movie "Marly & Me", but Mercedes begged to watch Lion King 1 1/2, so needless to say I *may* have dozed off during some of the movie, but Mercedes was ok with that since she was pretty wrapped up in the movie.

After the movie, we read together for awile, then we played with her new toy that she got today, and then spent some time together on the computer. By the time we had finished all our activities it was 11:30 and time for bed! All and all Mercedes had a very fun Friday night and I enjoyed our time together.

I'm trying to make more time to enjoy these things she wants to do together cause I know that before I know it she won't want to do things with me, so I want to treasure every minute with her that I have. All and all today was a great day.

1 comment:

Hopes Handcrafts said...

We've watched Marley and Me...it is a lovely movie but real sad at the end...I cried!!

Mom and dd nights are SO special!