Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Is it Christmas yet?

I think I'm starting to get tired of Christmas preparations! lol It feels like I've been working on gifts for weeks now, and yet I still feel like I don't have much done. Today Mercedes and I went and got wrapping paper and actually wrapped a couple presents, so I feel like I've accomplished something and yet my to-do list doesn't seem any shorter!

The slide shows are pretty much done, just need to find some cases and make the covers. I think I'm finished with Mercedes' teacher's gift, but I'm too tired to take pics tonight. I still need to make about 10 more cards, finish my mom's gift and make something for my step-sister's family. I will be so glad to get back to just doing my own thing...I have some fun supplies that I'm looking forward to playing with after Christmas. And it will be so nice to get my desk cleaned up! Right now it looks like a bomb went off on it...in fact I've pretty much taken over an entire half of the living room! I just have too many different projects on the go now, so I have stuff everywhere and it's really starting to get on my nerves! lol

Taught piano tonight...I've really noticed a difference in the kids abilities in the last year...maybe I do know what I'm doing! lol Sonda was over at my mom's this evening working on the quilt she's making Cole, so I went over for a few minutes and we kinda got the giggles...it was fun to laugh until my stomach hurt, and I always crack up when my sister gets the giggles...we're going to end up just like my mom and my aunts! lol It was a good thing though cause I needed a good laugh today...I found out today that my kids still won't see me. I kinda expected that, yet when Terry told me it still broke my heart. At least my mom will get to see them, and I'll have to give Ferrin a quick photo lesson before so he can get me some good pics. According to Terry, when he asked the kids if they wanted to see me, Nyal immediately said no, but Jessi said "maybe next time"...I suppose that is better than an immediate no, but it still sucks. That's all I'll say on this subject...it needs to go back into that little lock box I keep it in so I don't have to hurt so bad.

On the plus side I had a good visit with Amy and with Launi today and my brother came down so I'll get to see him tomorrow...I really value my friends & family so much. Amy is going through a really rough time right now and I feel so bad for her cause I know what it's like...besides it's such a turn around...usually I'm the basketcase & she's the sane(r) one! And Amy if you read this you know I say that with love! lol Well, that's all for now, I think I'm gonna try to get some sleep. :)

No comments: