Thursday, December 28, 2006

Christmas 2006

We went up to Edmonton for Christmas this year. Spent most of our time with Brad's parents, but did spend a day with Jackie & Leif. I'll try to upload a few of my favorite pics from our trip at some point. We went up on Dec 22, and came back on Boxing Day. Christmas was nice with Brad's parents and then the rest of the family came over in the afternoon for Christmas dinner. Mercedes got totally spoiled rotten again, but that's no surprise! lol She got lots of craft stuff so she's thrilled with that, a couple new games & movies, and a Barbie & My Little pony stuff. She also got three new dresses, some play makeup, new earrings and various other odds and ends. For me it was the year of the cookbook as I got 7 new recipe books this year! lol I guess everyone really does know what I like! lol I got a couple little scrappy things, along with some new pj's & pj pants. I also got a few new novels and a gardening book that I wanted. My mom gave us gift cards for Extra Foods, a new portable heater for the scrapbook room and a big box of toilet paper! lol I also managed to buy myself a few Christmas presents too! lol I ordered the Autumn Leaves calendar which I can't wait to look at. I bought a silent setter just a couple weeks before Christmas and then today I went and bought a really cool hardcover book about Classic Toys & their toymakers, and then I went and bought Friends Scene It game since Extra had them 1/2 off!

There was a slight damper on the holidays though...Brad got laid off as of Dec 22 for an undetermined amount of time. They told him that they hoped to be calling him back by mid-January, but we'll just have to wait and see. As it is it's kinda nice to have him home for a few days so I can have a little vacation too. The trip to Edmonton was not really all that relaxing and I came home more tired than I was before I left. It was so nice to get back into our own home again though. All and all it was a pretty good holiday with lots of time spent with our friends and families. :)

1 comment:

Anne said...

I'm glad you had a nice vacation, Tania.