Monday, March 22, 2010

This was supposed to be Friday's post...

So for Christmas one of my bff's Amy had promised me a haircut as my Christmas gift, so Friday we finally managed to arrange our schedules and got together to go get our haircuts. We decided that we might as well make a day/night of it so I went into the city on Friday afternoon and stayed overnight and spent most of Saturday with her too and then came back home on Saturday evening.

We have been best friends since grade four so no matter what we do together we always have fun, and this time was no exception.

Here's the pic before the big cut...
And here is the after pic....as you can see I had alot taken off, but I really love it!
After the haircuts, we went and picked up her hubby and the three of us went out to dinner at the Cheesecake Cafe...yummy, yummy, yummmy!!! Here's a pic of her and her dh.

And a pic of me and her together. After dinner we headed over to a local pub to play name that tune and then we spent the rest of the night listening to a really good country band....not only was the music good, but the lead singer was very pleasant to look at too! Gotta love that! lol
As usual we had a blast just hanging out together, being silly, laughing lots, enjoying the eye candy and just enjoying each other's company. And even though we didn't get back to her place till after 2am we still managed to stay up until after 5am talking and just hanging out! Needless to say we slept in until noon on Saturday!
Saturday afternoon we did a little shopping...nothing too exciting, just Walmart, a couple things at the scrapbook store and then a quick stop to use my 40% off coupon at Michael's. After that it was back to her place where her sweet hubby was nice enough to help me check all the fluids in my car and make sure everything was looking good and up to snuff.
By then it was time for me to come back home to real life and being a mommy, but we will definately be making more time to do some more girl's nights again, since I had forgotten how much fun they were. Maybe we'll do it again in June when that band is back in Lethbridge again. If ya want to check out who we were listening to go to http://www.craigmoritz.com Not only did they do some great covers, but they also had some really good original stuff too, in fact I even ended up buying a cd and I've had it playing in my car ever since I bought it!
So that was my fun weekend! I'll be back a little later with some new cards that I also managed to get made during the time that I was home, since the one thing that I didn't do much of this weekend was....SLEEP! lol



1 comment:

Hopes Handcrafts said...

I love the new you...and that you have such a special friend in your life! (((hugs)))

Have a great day!