Thursday, January 08, 2009

Not to busy lately...

I have been busy the last couple days, doing some repairs due to some adhesive problems I was having, and I spent some time yesterday getting my card sketches and idea book that I keep updated with some of the new cards I had made. I also started a binder for Layout sketches and any other helpful tips, etc.

I think I mentioned the Jessica Sprague class I took, "Stories In Hand" and I'm really glad that I chose to work on this. Usually I just look through the book first until something catches my eye and then I write out the story in a word document and save it. Some are being written directly to my children, and they each get different answers to the same questions sometimes, so I'm going to be kept busy by this for quite some time!

It has already proven useful though. One of the first questions I answered was about being read to as a child. Not 3 days later I came across this picture of my dad reading a bedtime story to all 3 of us kids. The entire journaling is taken from the "essay" I wrote in response to the Stories in Hand prompt. I really hope my mom does hers too as I think it would be awesome to know more about her.

So here is the LO I did using the Basic Grey Boxer collection. The picture was taken in 77/78 and I'm the one in red.

And this was a card I did to fulfill some of my design team responsibilites.


No comments: