Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Learned something new...

I came across this technique on ScrapCentral, and I just love these flowers that you can make outta of paper you would otherwise throw away, so once I mastered the technique I had some fun playing with it, and then made some cards using the flowers that I had made using scrap paper...things like dictionary pages, old phone books, old music and an old encyclopedia. I'm even going to try to make some flowers that are a little smaller to see how those will look on the cards.

Here's the website to the flower technique...
http://thegirlfriendsclub.typepad.com/the_girlfriends_club/2009/10/vblog-84-donnas-layered-flowers.html

*All patterned paper in the following cards is K&Company
Here are some cards that I made using the flowers I made. This one I used the Spellbinders Peonies largest die, and some pink & orange Glimmer Mists to color the flower.


Here's another one with the Peonies die, with green and pink glimmer mist.


These last two flowers were done with the large scalloped circle with orange & blue glimmer mist


And this last one was made with map pages, tissue paper, dictionary page, and another map page which went perfect with the blue & green patterned paper.

2 comments:

Hopes Handcrafts said...

Cool flowers..I might try some of those! Thanks for the link to the tutorial.

Tania said...

You should definately try them Julia...they are so easy, and you'll love em cause you are using stuff that would otherwise just be thrown away!