Monday, July 13, 2009

This'll keep me busy...

So I finished the order for 40 cards and then my girlfriend ordered 8 bday cards, and then I got an order for 100 cards!!! Needless to say I will be a busy girl for awhile!

We spent most of this week up in Edmonton visiting family and friends, so when I got home today I quickly finished up the 8 bday cards and then started thinking about my plan of attack for the next 100 that need to be made. I posted all the bday cards at the end of this post and the other cards posted are the first 2 towards the 100.

The order is for 40 birth announcements which I'm hoping to get working on first, just waiting for the pictures to put on them. I did have a fun visit to the scrapbook store last week and stocked up on some fun little boy paper. The rest of the cards will be thank you's, sympathy, and no sentiment, and I can pretty much just make them however I want which makes it more fun when there are so many to do at one time.

I've also taken an interest in paper tole lately so I was playing around with layers and 3d with the little 3"x3" daisy card that I posted.

I will try to post regularly as I get the cards made and I hope you enjoy looking at some of the fun I'll be having!

This first card is just a blank one. The 3 flowers are all layered with foam dots and have some gems and stickles as well as the buttons to add some nice texture.



This is one of the thank you cards...I need to keep them baby boyish as she is planning to use them for the baby gifts they have received. This is some new Cosmo Cricket paper and I just think it is too cute with the little airplanes and then the stars. This is my very dimensional gift tag....lots of extra cutting, but it does look pretty cool irl!
These are the bday cards...I included 2 pics since the top row is in focus in one pic and the bottom row is in focus in the other pic.

That's all for now, but keep checking back cause there will be lots of new samples posted soon!

No comments: