Tuesday, November 04, 2008

A few more projects...

Not only did my order come today, but I also tried a new technique that I had learned at ScrapCentral summer school. It's what I used to make the glittery squares on these first two cards. They really do look so much better in real life though, but you get the idea.


These cards were made with the We R Memory Keepers Nonsense White out paper. It's bright and busy and has my mind swirling with ideas of how to use it.

This card I made using my Cuttlebug Build a Flower dies and embossing folders. I used alcohol inks on glossy paper to make the paper that I used to cut out the petals. The patterned paper background is 29th Street paper and the sentiment was also cut out using a cuttlebug die.

And another LO already!!! The second that I saw this paper I knew which pictures I would use...it was like the paper was made specifically to match her swimming suit! This was a fairly easy layout to throw together since I just used the one background page and then did some exacto work to cut around some of the flowers to slip the picture under.

I also got a package of the Basic Grey Eva collection and I just can't wait to dig into that paper....love all the pinks and I'm secretly hoping that one of my friends will have a baby girl next year so I can use all these pinks for her baby book...otherwise I'm sure that Mercedes will supply me with lots of girly opportunities to scrap.
Today we got our first sticking around snowfall, so the time to hunker down and scrap the winter away is almost upon us and I'm excited to see what new things I will learn and accomplish over the next few months. :)



3 comments:

Hopes Handcrafts said...

Great cards and Go you for scrapping too. Love the exacto work !

Shannon said...

I LOVE the cards - the yellow/orange/red ones of my absolute favorites!

Shannon said...

P.S. I am so scraplifting that layout! :)