Sunday, June 29, 2008

Long day...

After spending 6 hours in the car today, along with about 3 hours at the Calgary Zoo, it turned out to be a really long day! Mercedes had a blast at the zoo though and I even managed to get a couple cute pics...I'll upload some tomorrow.

On Friday I did manage to get a trip to the scrapbook store, so it was nice to get some new supplies. Along with new pics and new supplies, I've also gotten 3 new scrappin magazines, and a book from the library about Scrapbooking with kids. Mercedes has already made me promise to do lots of scrappin with her over the summer, so I hope she can find some ideas she likes. She gets a little frustrated sometimes because she can't do it as good as me...I have to chuckle at that because I remember complaining to my mom that very same thing when I was little and couldn't draw. And just like my mother said to me, I now say to my daughter "if you keep practicing you will get to be just as good or even better than me!" And just like I did at that age, she finds that answer even more frustrating! lol Even funnier though is that she is already planning on how she will teach her children to be scrapbookers! lol Oh, to have your life planned at age 7! :)

But for the next 3 days I have the house all to myself so I'm hoping to spend most of it just relaxing, watching movies and scrapping. So stay tuned this week, I plan on having lots of new projects posted. I'll also be busy planning Mercedes birthday party for July 9 (she thinks it's the 10th, but she wants a surprise party so the ninth it is! :)

If you have any fun party games/activites for about 10 6-7 year old girls, please leave me a comment with some suggestions...planning children's parties is not my forte, so I will draw a name from anyone that leaves a comment here....the winning name will get a fun scrapbooking related RAK from me. :)

No comments: